What to Remember as You Index This Project
- Index every name on the voting register. Some images could have as many as 150 records.
- These records include many kinds of forms.
- Many images include two pages. Be sure to examine the entire image carefully to make sure you index all the records on the image.
- Some registers are split into two separate images, with information about a single record spanning from one image to the next image.
- Index the requested fields from both images to create one complete record.
- When necessary, open the next image to see the missing fields for the first image.
- Mark images of the second page of a dual-page register as a No Extractable Data Image.
Number of Records per Image
- The data entry area of the indexing screen is set at 50 records per image. If your batch includes images with more than 50 records, you will need to add entry records to match the number of records on the image. To add entry records:
- On the menu bar, click Tools.
- Click Records per Image.
- Click in the Number of records box, and type the number of records on the image.
- Click OK.
Highlights and the Ruler
- Highlights are not available for this project. You may use the ruler instead to follow a record across an image.
- If you choose to use the ruler, please be aware that the ruler is not anchored to the indexing screen and does not automatically move as you move to a new entry. To use the ruler:
- On the menu bar, click View.
- Select Show Ruler.