Project Home Page
About This Project
- The California Genealogical Society and Library sponsors the San Francisco Coroners Records project.
- This project is a collection of images of San Francisco city and county coroner registers.
- This project includes coroner registers, death reports, and registers of deaths. The records are located at the San Francisco Public Library.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your username and password. Then click Download Batch, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and are comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics and Description
- The records are handwritten on preprinted forms.
- Each batch typically contains 10 images, with one record per image.
- No highlights are available for this project.
- The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.