US, Arkansas—WWII , First Draft Registration Cards, 1940-1945 [Part C]
Project Home Page
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics and Description
- This registration was for men who were born between February 1897 and 1929.
- One basic type of registration card was used, with some minor variations.
- The registration cards were handwritten or typed on printed forms.
- Only the front of draft cards has data to be indexed.
- The back of the cards, which is labeled "Registrar's Report," has no information to be indexed.
- Each batch generally has 25 images, with one record per image.
- Highlights are available for this project.
- The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.