Project Home Page
About This Project
- This project contains applications for headstones for deceased U.S. military veterans from 1941 through 1949.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After registering, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics and Descriptions
- This project includes records of applications for headstones for deceased U.S. military veterans.
- Each batch usually includes twenty images, with one record on each image.
- Records are generally on 3"x4" cards.
- Information was handwritten on slightly different preprinted forms.
- The records are arranged alphabetically by surname.
- The general public can freely access the completed index and links to digital images online once the collection is published.