Project Home Page
What Do the Records Look Like?
- The 1920 U.S. Federal Census is handwritten and typed forms.
- For this project, you will index only the Population Schedule.
- Population Schedule
You will find Military and Naval Schedules among the Population Schedules. Do not index them: however, every image must be identified according to the schedule type. To select the schedule type and submit the batch, do the following:
- On the toolbar below the image on the indexing screen, click the down arrow in the box labeled Document Type.
- Select Military and Naval Schedule from the list.
- Click Yes on the warning message.
- On the toolbar below the image on the indexing screen, click the Submit icon.
Read project-specific indexing instructions.
View general indexing instructions.
See brief field-by-field helps.
How to Get Help:
- These training materials describe the most common situations you will encounter as you index the 1920 U.S. Federal Census. However, new issues may surface, and you may have questions that are not answered here. Current updates are available on the Project Revisions Page. If your questions are not answered there, contact your stake extraction director. Your stake extraction director can then contact Church headquarters.
Handwriting Helps: Because these records are handwritten, it may be helpful to view this link for help in deciphering challenging words: