Project Home Page
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics of This Project
- One type of form for this project.
- Up to 40 records per image.
- One to four images per batch.
- Highlights are not available.
Description of the Records
- The Naval enlistments were handwritten on printed forms.
- These are weekly registers of enlistments at a designated enlistment site.
- Registers are normally arranged chronologically by location.
- Only the Enlistments form is to be indexed.
- The Recapitulation form and the Shipping Articles form are not to be indexed. Mark images with only these forms as No Extactable Data Image.
The completed index will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published. The digital images will be accessible to active FamilySearch account holders once an authentication system is put in place on Record Search. Until authentication is available, the images will not be accessible.
How to Help With This Project:
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To do this, click here.
- After you register, sign in to the indexing application, click the Download Batch... button, and select this project name from the list.