Project Home Page
Skill Level: Advanced
- This project is recommended for experienced volunteers who are comfortable with the indexing process and system features. It is also helpful if volunteers understand the various documents that relate to English parish registers.
Characteristics of This Project
- One to six images per batch
- Two to 50 records per image
- No highlights
Description of the Records
- The Norfolk parish registers have three main types of records, (baptisms, marriages, and burials), but there is a large variety of formats that will require careful scrutiny to determine what the type is and what information is available to index.
- There are many handwritten records that were not recorded on standard forms.
- Some of the records are in old English, and many images are faded and difficult to read.
- Each type of record has different fields to index. Check the available information to help determine the type of record.
- There are no restrictions associated with this collection. The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
How To Help With This Project:
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To do this, click here.
- This project will be indexed by volunteers, invited and selected by the International Society for British Genealogy and Family History. If you would like to participate in this project, contact the project administrator. E-mail: JSP@idcomm.com
- After you register and are approved by the project administrator, sign in to the indexing application, click the Download Batch... button, and select this project name from the list.