Project Home Page
About This Project
- This project is a collection of parish registers in Kent, England, from 1538 to 1911. The parish registers are digital copies of the original records. The earliest records were handwritten pages. Later records were either handwritten or typed on preprinted forms
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer to help with this project. To register, and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the home page. Click;Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program using your username and password. Then, click the;Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select;Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for experienced volunteers who are comfortable with the indexing process, system features, and a variety of old handwriting styles.
Description and Characteristics
- Each batch contains one to eight images.
- Each image contains up to 16 records.
- No highlights are available.
- Images may contain two pages
- No images will be published at this time. Only the index will be published. No data beyond the cutoff date of 1910 will be published now.
- Project Instructions (for this project)
- Basic Indexing Guidelines (for all projects), or press F1 when using the indexing program
- Field Helps (a printable list of all field helps)
- Project Updates (current information and questions and answers about this project, updated as needed)