Project Home Page
About This Project
- The collection consists of registers of electors for the county of London. Electoral registers are similar to census or voting records.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your username and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Beginner
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system features.
Characteristics and Descriptions
- Only registers of electors are to be indexed in this project.
- Records are printed forms in a book format.
- Batches contain one image each.
- Each image usually contains multiple records.
- The completed index will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published. The digital images will be accessible to active FamilySearch account holders once an authentication system is put in place on Record Search. Until authentication is available, the images will not be accessible.