Project Home Page
- There are three types of records in this project.
- Christening (also includes baptisms and births)
- Marriage (also include banns of marriages)
- Burial (also include deaths)
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics of This Project
- One to two images per batch
- Two to 16 records per image
- No highlights
Description of the Records
- The Isle of Man parish registers have either been handwritten or typed.
- Each image may contain either one or two pages.
- Each type of record will have different fields to index.
- There are no restrictions associated with this collection. The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
Register as a FamilySearch Indexing Volunteer
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer to help with this project. To register, click here.
- To help with this specific project, sign in to the indexing application, cllick the Download From... button, and select this project name from the list.