Project Home Page
About This Project
- This project is of the 1834 census for the canton of Fribourg, Switzerland. For each individual recorded the details include the name, birthplace, age, marital status, and occupation. If the individual was absent, their current residence was given. The original records are located in the Archives de l'Etat de Fribourg, Switzerland.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer to help with this project. To register and to download and install the indexing program click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After registering, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program using your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Description and Characteristics
- This project is to index the 1834 census for Fribourg, Switzerland.
- Each batch contains one image.
- Each image usually includes 40 records.
- The recorded information is handwritten on preprinted forms.
- No highlights are available.
- The general public can freely access the completed index and links to digital images online once the collection is published.