Sverige, Älvsborg—Kyrkoböcker, 1681–1860 [Del 1]
General Indexing Instructions
Corrected or Crossed-Out Information
- When information was crossed out and then replaced, type the new data in the appropriate fields.
- When information was crossed out, was not replaced, and can be read, type the crossed-out information.
- When information was crossed out, was not replaced, and cannot be read, mark the field as unreadable by pressing Ctrl+U.
- When no entry on a record can be read, mark the entire record as unreadable by pressing Ctrl+Shift+U.
- If a record does not include information for a required field (a field that shows "<Required>" in the data entry area) or if the information was given using a description such as "unknown" or "don't know," press Ctrl+B to mark the field as blank. Do not type the word "blank" in the indexing field.
- If a record does not include information for a field that is not required or if the information was given using a description such as "unknown" or "don't know," press Tab to skip the field.
- Do not type periods, commas, parentheses, or semicolons after initials or abbreviations or between multiple levels of localities for any of the fields.
- If a record contains ditto marks or similar signs of repetition, type the information from the previous record or field.
- A lookup list is a list of names, places, or terms that you can use to help decipher the information for a specific field. All fields with a lookup list have a down arrow at the right side of the field once you have selected the field for data entry.
- Click the down arrow.
- Select Lookup....
- The lookup lists do not include every possibility. If the clerk wrote something that is not in the list, type what was written on the record.
Red Wavy Line
- The red wavy line or colored background in a field does not necessarily mean that you have made a mistake. It appears because the word you typed is not in the lookup list. Make sure the information is correct, and continue with the next field.