Project Home Page
Klicka här för svenska.
Sample Images (This is not an all inclusive list.)
Births and Baptisms
1. Births and Baptisms 01
2. Births and Baptisms 02
Banns and Marriages
1. Marriages 01
2. Marriages 02
Deaths and Burials
1. Deaths and Burials 01
2. Deaths and Burials 02
3. Deaths and Burials 03
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics of This Project
- Some old records, difficult to read
- One image per batch
- Up to 50 records per image
- Several different formats
- Up to 19 fields to index for each record
- No highlights
Description of the Records
- The Sweden, church records were handwritten and may be difficult to read.
- This project has three main types of records: Births and Baptisms, Banns and Marriages, and Deaths and Burials.
- It will require careful scrutiny of the records to determine the type because there are many different formats. There are paragraph formats and table formats.
- Columns, when they exist, do not always have headings to define the contents.
- The order of information for the fields to be indexed varies from record to record.
- The completed index for this project will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published. The images will be stored on the Riksarkivet SVAR web site. Authenticated users will have free access to view the images from the FamilySearch Record Search pilot site. Non-authenticated users will be charged to see the images. Authenticated users include active indexers, members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and patrons at any of the Church's 4600 family history centers.
Register as a FamilySearch Indexing Volunteer:
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer to help with this project. To register, click here.
- To help with this specific project, sign in to the indexing application, click the Download From... button, and select this project name from the list.