Project Home Page
About This Project
- The records in this collection are indexes of church records from Stockholm, Sweden, from 1546 through 1927. This project is to create a digital copy of the part of the index pertaining to births and baptisms.
Skill Level: Beginner
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics and Description
- All records are birth or baptism records.
- The indexes are usually typed or printed.
- Batches in this project generally contain two images.
- Each image typically contains multiple records.
- No highlights are available for this project.
- The completed index will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published. The digital images will not be accessible.
How to Help with This Project
- You must be a registered indexing volunteer to help with this project. To register as a volunteer and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.