- This project includes three types of records:
What to Know about This Project
- This project may include divorce records, although they are rare. If an image is a record of a divorce, mark the image as a No Extractable Data Image:
- Click on the Header Data tab.
- Click in the Image Type field.
- Select No Extractable Data Image.
- Press Tab or Enter.
- On the warning message, click Yes.
- Continue to the next image. If you are on the last image, then submit the batch.
- When no parents were listed for a person who was baptized, index the person's given names in the Given Names field and the surname in the Father's Surname field.
Number of Records per Image
- The data entry area is set at 12 records per image, but images may contain as few as one record or as many as 60 records.
- If the image has more than 12 records, you will need to add records to match the number of records on the image. To add records:
- On the menu bar, click Tools.
- Click Records per Image.
- Click in the Number of records box, and type the number of records on the image.
- Click OK.
- If the image has fewer than 12 records, you will need to mark the remaining records as blank. To mark a record as blank, click on the record in the Image-Record window, and press Ctrl+Shift+B, or:
- On the menu bar, click Edit.
- Select Mark Field or Record.
- Click Mark Record Blank.
How to Index Twins or Multiple Children
- Some baptism records include the names of more than one child in a single entry.
- Index each child as a separate record in the data entry area.