Project Home Page
- There are three types of records in this project:
Skill Level: Advanced
- This project is recommended for experienced volunteers who are comfortable with the indexing process, system features, and reading a variety of old handwriting styles.
Characteristics of this project
- This project includes one to ten images per batch.
- Each image includes one to two Certificates or registers with up to 40 records.
Description of the Records
- The South Africa, Dutch Reformed Church records are handwritten on printed forms or handwritten in paragraph format.
- The records are in Afrikaans, Dutch, and English.
- No restrictions are associated with this collection. The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch... button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.