Read the Instructions
- Please read these project instructions carefully before indexing any batches.
- Review this page and the field helps frequently for updates to the instructions.
- Click here for a summary of project updates.
Record Types in This Project
- This project includes baptism records only. If an image does not contain baptism records, mark it as a No Extractable Data Image:
- Click on the Header Data tab.
- Click in the Image Type field.
- Select No Extractable Data Image.
- Press Tab or Enter.
- On the warning message, click Yes.
- Continue to the next image. If you are on the last image, then submit the batch.
Number of Records per Image
- The data entry area is set at one record per image. If an image has more than one record, you will need to add enough records in the data entry area to match the number of records on the image. To add records:
- On the menu bar, click Tools.
- Click Records per Image.
- Click in the Number of records box, and type the number of records on the image.
- Click OK.
- If you press Tab or Enter after you complete the last record on an image, a message will appear asking if you want to add one or more records to the image. If you have already indexed all the records on the image, do the following:
- Ensure that 0 (zero) is in the Number of records box.
- Click OK.
How to Index Twins or Multiple Children
- Some baptism records include the names of more than one child in a single entry.
- Index each child as a separate record in the data entry area.