Project Home Page
About This Project
This project contains baptism records from parishes and missions in the dioceses of the Church of the Province of Southern Africa, which is now known as the Anglican Church of South Africa. In addition to the name of the person who was baptized, these records typically contain information about the dates of birth and baptism and parents' names, occupation, and residence.
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics and Description
- All records are in English.
- The records were usually handwritten, although some were typed.
- Each batch contains one image.
- Images may contain up to 16 records, but some will have much fewer.
- Each image shows either one or two pages.
- No highlights are available for this project.
- The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.