Project Home Page
Haga clic aquí para ver esta página en español.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics and Description
- Marriage and death records may be mixed in with birth records in this collection, but only birth records are to be indexed in this project. If you find a death or marriage record, do NOT index it.
- The project includes individual birth certificates as well as birth registers.
- Most records were handwritten, and some are on preprinted forms.
- Batches contain up to 10 images each.
- Certificates generally have one record per image, and some records span two or three images.
- Registers have up to 40 records per image.
The completed index will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published. The digital images will be accessible to active FamilySearch account holders once an authentication system is put in place on Record Search. Until authentication is available, the images will not be accessible.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer to help with this project. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.