Project-Specific Indexing Instructions
Number of Records per Image
- The data entry area of the indexing screen is set at one record per image. However, this project will contain images with more records per image. You will need to adjust the number of data entry lines to match the number of records on the image. To do this:
- On the menu bar, click Tools.
- Click Records per Image.
- In the box next to Number of records, type the desired number.
- To apply this number to all images, click the Apply to all images box.
- Click OK.
- Upon completion of each image a message will appear asking if you want to add one or more records to this image. Click No.
- Index the most complete version of the given names that appears on the record.
- Do not use the inflected ending of the name.
Handwriting Helps: These records are handwritten. It may be helpful to view this link for help in deciphering challenging words: