Project-Specific Indexing Instructions
Page Number and Record Number
- Don't confuse the page number and the record number. The page number is typically printed in the top right corner of the image. Record numbers are written in the column on the left or right side of the record.
Number of Records per image
- Because this project includes various types of records, the data entry area of the indexing screen is set at one record per image. When the image you are indexing contains more than one record, you need to adjust the number of data entry lines to match the number of records on the image. To add entry lines:
- On the menu bar, click Tools.
- Click Records per Image.
- In the box next to Number of records, type the total number of records on the image, or click the up arrow to select the number of records.
- Click OK.
- As you complete the last record of an image, a message will appear, asking how many records you want to add to the image.
- Click OK to continue without adding additional records.
- Index the most complete version of the given names that appear on the record and use the inflected ending of the names.
These records are handwritten. The following link may have information that will help you view challenging words:Polish genealogical word list