Project Home Page
Haga clic aquí para Español
Click here to see a sample image.
Skill Level: Intermediate
This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics of This Project
- Two images per batch
- One to twelve records per image
- A standard paragraph format for each record
- No highlights
Description of the Records
- The Philippines Lingayen-Dagupan parish records were handwritten.
- Many of the images are blurry and difficult to read. Use the Sharpen and Brightness/Contrast tools in the View menu to help enhance the images. Index as many of the fields as you can. Mark fields unreadable if the information cannot be deciphered.
- There are three different record types in this project, baptisms, marriages, and deaths.
- The data indexed from the original images will be made available to all researchers, but the original image, if posted, on the Internet, will be shown only to registered users. Baptismal Records within 100 years from the date of the event will not be displayed.
Register as a FamilySearch Indexing Volunteer:
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer to help with this project. To register, click here.
- To help with this specific project, sign in to the indexing application, click the Download From... button, and select this project name from the list.