Project-Specific Indexing Instructions
Number of Records per Image:
- The data entry area is set at 1 record per image; however, this project will contain more than 1 record per image. You will need to adjust the number of lines to match the number of records on your image. Each card will generally need records added for a spouce, children, etc. To do this:
- On the menu bar, click Tools.
- Click Records per Image.
- In the box next to Number of records, type the desired number.
- Click OK.
- Upon completion of each image a message will appear asking if you want to add one or more records to this image.
- Insure that "0" (zero) is in the Number of records box if there are no more records on the image to be indexed.
- Click OK.
Order of Indexing
- In many cases a family within a probate card extends across two images. In this case, after indexing the principal on the front top card:
- Add enough records for each family member on the front card and then index the information. Begin with the principal and spouse(s) and then continue to children, and remaining family members.
- Click on the second image and continue indexing the remaining family members and relationships.
- If there are two cards on an image that both extend across two images, index all of the records on the front of both cards, then click on the second image and finish indexing both cards.
Using the Ruler:
- If you choose to use the ruler, please be aware that the ruler is not anchored to the indexing screen and does not automatically move as you move to a new entry. To see the ruler, follow these steps:
- On the menu bar, click View.
- Select Show Ruler.