Project Home Page
Trykk her for Norsk.
Click here to see a sample image.
Skill Level: Intermediate
This project is recommended for volunteers who are familar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics of This Project
- Every name should be indexed as a separate record.
- Each card has multiple records, and there are two cards per image.
- There are generally 2 images per batch.
- Highlights are not available for this project.
Description of the Records
- The Norway probate index information was usually handwritten on single cards.
- Each card usually includes the names of a principal person, his or her spouse(s), and their children.
- The completed index will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published. The digital images will be accessible to active FamilySearch account holders once an authentication system is put in place on Record Search. Until authentication is available, the images will not be accessible.
How to Help with This Project:
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer to help with this project. To register, click here.
- To help with this specific project, sign in to the indexing application, click the Download Batch... button, and select this project name from the list.