Project Home Page
About This Project
- The Albertland Index project is a collection of compiled halfpenny cards taken from local newspaper clippings. The cards contain a variety of information, such as references to obituaries, passenger lists, cemetery transcriptions, area histories, land records, and newspaper items.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your username and password. Then click Download Batch, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and are comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics and Description
- The project consists of index cards containing the name of a person and a few words about a specific event.
- On each card is a reference to a newspaper article or some other collection.
- The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.