Read the Instructions
- Please read these project instructions carefully before indexing any batches.
- Review this page and the field helps frequently for updates to the instructions.
- Click here for a summary of project updates.
When there is not a record to be indexed on the left side of the image, mark the first record as "BLANK" (Sample 1).
Number of Records per Image
- The data entry area is set at two records per image. If the image contains more than two records, you will need to add entry lines in the data entry area to match the number of records on the image. To add entry lines:
- In the menu bar, click Tools.
- Click Records per Image.
- Click in the Number of records box, and type the number of records on the image.
- Click OK.
- If the image has fewer than two records, you will need to mark the unused record blank in the data entry area. To mark a record blank, select any field in the record, and press Ctrl+Shift+B, or:
- In the menu bar, click Edit.
- Click Mark Field or Record.
- Click Mark Record Blank.
- If you press Tab or Enter after you complete the last record on an image, a message will appear asking if you want to add one or more records to the image. If you have already indexed all the records on the image, do the following:
- Ensure that 0 (zero) is in the Number of records box.
- Click OK.
Highlights and the Ruler
- Highlights are not available for this project. You may use the ruler, instead, to follow a record across an image.
- If you choose to use the ruler, please be aware that it is not anchored to the indexing screen and does not automatically move as you move to a new entry. To use the ruler:
- In the menu bar, click View.
- Click Show Ruler