Project Home Page
Haga clic aquí para español
- This project includes three record types:
- Bautismo (Baptism)
- Matrimonio (Marriage)
- Defunción (Death)
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and are comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics of This Project
- Two to ten images per batch
- One to eight records per image
- No highlights
Description of the Records
- The Matamoros and Torreón parish registers were handwritten, sometimes on printed forms.
- The records are generally in paragraph style, which will require careful reading to find the correct information for each field.
- Many records are damaged. Index the fields for which information is visible.
- No restrictions are associated with this collection. The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch... button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.