- Images often picture an open book with two pages appearing on the image.
- The page on the left has the information to be indexed and is the only page to be indexed.
- The page on the right shows writing only because the paper of the original document was thin and the writing bled through from the other side. Do not index the page on the right.
- The following links go to examples of different forms:
Finding Information for the Indexing Fields
- Not all forms will include information for all indexing fields. Carefully examine each form to locate the information for the fields to be indexed. If there is no information for a given field, leave that field blank.
Number of Records per Image
- The data entry area is set at one record per image. When the image you are indexing contains more than one record, add an entry line for each additional record. To add entry lines:
- On the menu bar, click Tools.
- Click Records per Image...
- In the box next to Number of Records, type the total number of records, or click the up arrow to select the number of records.
- Click OK.
Language for Field Names
- The field names and the field helps in the bottom right corner of the indexing screen are also available in Japanese. To change them;to Japanese:
- At the top of the data entry screen, click Tools.
- Select Options...
- Select Language tab.
- In the boxes labeled Language for Field Names and Language for Field Help and Project Information, click the drop-down arrow and select Same as Document.
- Close the Options screen by clicking OK. Then close and reopen the batch for the change to take effect.