Project Home Page
Skill Level : Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and are comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics of This Project
- This project includes several versions of emigration records.
- There are normally two images per batch.
Description of the Records
- The emigration records are handwritten on lined forms.
- There are up to 10 records on each image.
- Because of the different versions, forms may not include information for all indexing fields. Carefully examine each form to locate the fields to be indexed.
- The completed index will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published. The digital images will not be available for publication at this time.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, please register as an indexing volunteer. To register, download, and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch... button, and select this project name from the list. You may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window to see the project name on the list.