Cliquez ici pour lire en Français.
Read the Instructions
- Please read these project instructions carefully before indexing any batches.
- Review this page and the field helps frequently for updates to these instructions.
- Click here for a summary of project updates.
What to Index in This Project
- The purpose of this project is to index locality information from the 1975 census, including department, subprefecture, and village.
- The names of individuals will not be indexed in this project.
- The household cover page ("Feuille de Ménage") is usually the only form with information to index.
- Any other page should be marked as a No Extractable Data Image.
Blank and No Extractable Data Images
- If an image or form is blank, mark the image as Blank. If an image contains only information that does not need to be indexed, mark the image as a No Extractable Data Image:
- Click the Header Data tab.
- Click in the Image Type field.
- Click the down arrow at the right side of the field.
- Select Blank Image or No Extractable Data Image.
- Press Tab.
- Click Yes on the warning message.
Diacritics and Other Characters
- If the name of a person or locality is written with a character not on your keyboard, please insert the character by clicking the Enter special international characters icon (which is a square with an "ñ" in it) and then selecting the letter you want to insert, or:
- On the menu bar, click Edit.
- Click International Letters.
- Click the letter you want to insert.