Project Home Page
About This Project
- This project is to index birth, marriage, and death records from the province of Mantova from the period 1806–1815.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register and install the program, locate the FamilySearch indexing icon on your desktop, double-click the icon to open the program and sign in to the indexing program with your username and password. Then click Download Batch, and select this project name on the list. To see the project name, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Advanced
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are comfortable with the indexing process, system features, and reading old cursive Italian handwriting. It is also helpful if volunteers understand the various documents that relate to births, marriages, and deaths.
Characteristics of This Project
- This project includes records of births, marriages, and deaths.
- Records are generally listed chronologically by year.
- Batches include up to four images, often with more than one record per image.
- For the most part, records were handwritten in paragraph style.
- Since information on each record is not always in the same order, you will need to read each document carefully to find the information for the various indexing fields.
- Records often span two images.
- The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.