Project Home Page
- There are three event types in this project.
Description of this project
- This is the continuation of a project sponsored by the Hungarian SIG of JewishGen to index all of the Jewish vital records of Hungary acquired by FamilySearch for the collection of the Family History Library. The records cover Jewish births, marriages, and deaths primarily for the years 1850-1895. The projects includes about 15,000 images for Bekescsaba, Szkesfehervar, Balassagyarmat, Ujpest, Balkany, Buda, Obuda, Boldogasszony, Kopcseny, Gata Nitra. The completed index will be published as a database on JewishGen.
Skill Level: Difficult
- This project is recommended for experienced volunteers who are comfortable with the indexing process, system features, and reading a variety of old handwriting styles.
Characteristics of This Project
- One to three images per batch
- Two to 16 records per image
- No highlights
Register as a FamilySearch Indexing Volunteer
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer to help with this project. To register, click here.
- To help with this specific project, sign in to the indexing application, click the Download From... button, and select this project name from the list.