Project Home Page
Haga clic aquí para Página inicial del proyecto
About This Project
- Births from the civil registration offices in Tegucigalpa, Honduras, from 1886–1931.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click Download Batch, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Advanced
- This project is recommended for experienced volunteers who are comfortable with the indexing process, system features, and reading a variety of old handwriting styles.
Characteristics and Description
- The Honduras Tegucigalpa parish registers were handwritten.
- The records are generally in paragraph style, which will require careful reading to find the correct information for each field.
- Many records are damaged. Index the fields for which information is visible.
- This project includes one to eight records per image.
- No highlights are available.
- The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.