Project Home Page
Haga clic aquí para ver esta página en Español.
About This Project
- This project is a collection of birth records from the Registro Nacional de las Personas, or RENAP, for the department of Chiquimula, in Guatemala. These records, created from 1929 to 2008, are a rich genealogical resource. In addition to the time and place of birth and the names and surnames of the newborn children and their parents, the records often contain information about the parents' ages, birthplaces, occupations, and residences at the time of the birth.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer to help with this project. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics and Description of the Records
- Early records were handwritten, sometimes on preprinted forms; later records were often typed.
- The project includes birth records.
- Each batch typically includes three to four images, with up to six records per image.
- Some images include more than one page.
- No highlights are available for this project.
- The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.