Project Home Page
About This Project
The purpose of this project is to index limited information from the 1982–1984 Ghana census. Information will be indexed only from Form H of the census, including information about the town or village names, enumeration area number, town or village code, and the census year. Any image that does not include at least one Form H should be marked as a No Extractable Data Image.
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics and Description of the Project
- Only Form H will be indexed in this project; any image that does not include a Form H should be marked as a No Extractable Data Image.
- The records are usually handwritten on preprinted forms.
- Batches typically include up to 20 images, with just one record per image.
- The census forms and indexing fields are easy to follow, with only a few fields to index.
- The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.