Project Home Page
About This Project
This project is to index the 1984 Ghana census. The census includes the names of the people of Ghana and their families, education levels, and other statistical and vital information.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics and Description
- The census was handwritten on printed forms.
- This project includes several types of forms.
- Each batch typically contains up to four images, and each image shows one census form.
- Each form usually has up to 10 records.
- The completed index and digital images will be freely accessible to the general public on FamilySearch.org and partner websites.