Project Home Page
Bitte hier klicken um diese Seite auf Deutsch zu sehen
About this Project
- This project contains typewritten death records on pre-printed forms from 1928-1978. The records are from the Hessian State Archives in Marburg and in the Institute for Urban History, Frankfurt.
How to Help
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch... button, and select this project name from the list. You may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window to see the project name on the list.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process, comfortable using various system features, and familiar with the language.
Characteristics and Description
- Death records were typewritten on a variety pre-printed forms.
- Batches will include one image.
- Images usually contain between 35 and 46 records.
- The general public can freely access the completed index and links to digital images online once the collection is published.