Number of Records per Image
- You may need to add records in the data entry area to match the number of records on the image. To add records:
- On the menu bar at the top of your screen, click Tools.
- Click Records per Image…
- In the box next to Number of records, type the number of records on the image.
- If all the images in the batch have the same number of records, click the check box to apply this number of records to all images in the batch.
- Click OK.
- If you push Tab or Enter after you complete the last record on an image, a message will appear asking if you want to add one or more records to the image. If you have already indexed all the records on the image, do the following:
- Ensure that "0" (zero) is in the Number of records box.
- Click OK.
- Do not index titles or terms relating to any given name or surname, such as M, Mr, Mme, or Mlle.
- When indexing a name that shows more than one variation, index all variations of the name, separating each with the word or.
- If a diacritic (or an accent mark written over a letter or character, such as the marks used in writing ê, ú, or ç) was used in writing the name on the record, be sure to include the accent mark in transcribing the name.
- Be aware that the sorting of names in the lookup list may not follow normal alphabetic rules in French or English. Thus, the name Hèlene will not be found on the lookup list after Helene but after Hysabeau.
What to Do When Records Span Two Batches
- If the first record in your batch begins on a previous page (which is not in your batch), don’t index it. It will be indexed as part of a different batch. Start indexing at the first complete record.
Indexing records that span two images
- If a record spans two images, index the entire record, even if the ending portion continues onto the image after your batch. To access the information on the next page:
- On the menu at the top of the page, click View.
- Click Show Previous/Next Image.
- In the window that appears, click the Next Image button.
- Index the record while viewing both images at the same time. (In this case, ignore the "Do not index from this image" warning.)
Language for Field Names
- The indexing field names and the field helps in the right bottom corner of the indexing screen are available in French and English. To change the language:
- On the menu at the top of the page, click Tools.
- Click on Options...
- Click on the Language tab.
- Click the drop-down arrows in the boxes titled Language for Field Names and Language for Field Help and Project Information, and select Same as Document.
- Close the batch and reopen it for the change to take effect.