Project Home Page
This is not a standard indexing project.
- The purpose of this project is to waypoint the records. Waypointing can be described as creating a table of contents for a collection of digital images.
- Each image will be indexed into one record.
- Four fields will be indexed (Parish, beginning year, ending year and event or events).
- One event type will be selected for each image. For example: If the image contains christenings and burials, the event Christenings/Burials would be selected.
- These batches may take longer to download because they will often contain more images than a standard indexing batch.
What Do the Records Look Like?
- The records for this project have either been handwritten or typed in Modern English, Old English or Latin.
Read project-specific indexing instructions.
View general indexing instructions.
See brief field-by-field helps.
How to Get Help:
- These training materials describe the most common situations you will encounter as you index the Essex Parish Registers. However, new issues may surface, and you may have questions that are not answered here. Current updates are available on the Project Revisions Page. If your questions are not answered there contact your stake extraction director. Your stake extraction director can then contact Church headquarters.
Learn some facts that occurred in Essex, England.