Project Home Page
Klik her for at se denne side på dansk.
About This Project
- This project contains indexed probates for the counties of Denmark.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your username and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Sample Images NOT to Be Indexed
Sample Images to Be Indexed
Characteristics and Description
- The indexed probate records were typed or handwritten on preprinted forms.
- Batches of probate pages contain 1 image. Batches of probate cards contain 15 images.
- Images will usually contain up to 16 records.
- The completed index will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published. The digital images will be accessible to active FamilySearch account holders once an authentication system is put in place on Record Search. Until authentication is available, the images will not be accessible.