Project Home Page
About This Project
The records in this collection were created in the 20th century, and they are quite straightforward. In addition to the names of the couple who were married, the records often include birth dates, occupations, places of residence, names of witnesses, and information about previous marriages. Sometimes they also include information about the parents of the bride and groom and the ages of the couple. The records in this collection are handwritten or typed on preprinted forms.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics and Description
- All records are marriage records.
- The records were handwritten or typed on preprinted forms.
- Batches in this project contain up to one image, typically with up to six records per image
- No highlights are available for this project.
- The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.