Project Home Page
About This Project
- This project includes birth, marriage, and death records from Litoměřice in the area of northern Bohemia in the Czech Republic and consists of records from the years 1552 to 1905.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register and install the program, locate the FamilySearch indexing icon on your desktop, double-click the icon to open the program, and sign in to the indexing program with your username and password. Then click Download Batch, and select this project name on the list. To see the project name, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Advanced
- This project is recommended for experienced volunteers who are comfortable with the indexing process, system features, and reading a variety of old handwriting styles.
Characteristics and Description
- The records are handwritten, generally on preprinted forms.
- The documents are in Czech, German, and Latin.
- The documents are most often in register form.
- Each batch has up to two images.
- Each image usually has up to 10 records, but registers can sometimes have up to 80 records per image.
- The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.