Project Home Page
Cliquez ici pour lire en Français.
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics and Description
- The purpose of this project is to index locality information from the 1975 census, including department, subprefecture, and village.
- The names of individuals will not be indexed in this project.
- This project has just one type of record.
- The documents are preprinted forms, with clean column headings.
- Each batch contains ten images.
- Records have a low number of fields to index and are easy to follow.
- The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer to help with this project. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.