Project Home Page
What Do the Records Look Like?
- The Cornwall parish registers have either been handwritten or typed.
- Each image may contain either one or two pages.
- Each batch contains two images.
- Each type of record will have different fields to index.
- The record types for this project are:
- Marriages (also include banns of marriages)
- Baptisms (also include births and christenings)
- Burials (also include deaths)
Read project-specific indexing instructions.
View general indexing instructions.
See brief field-by-field helps.
How to Get Help:
- These training materials describe the most common situations you will encounter as you index the UK-Cornwall Parish Registers project. However, new issues may surface, and you may have questions that are not answered here. Current updates are available on the Project Revisions Page. If your questions are not answered there, contact your stake extraction director. Your stake extraction director can then contact Church headquarters.
Handwriting Helps: These records are handwritten. It may be helpful to view this link for help in deciphering challenging words.