Project Home Page
Haga clic aquí para ver esta página en español.
About This Project
- This project is a collection of birth, marriage, and death records from the Diocese of Barranquilla in Colombia. The records are digital copies of the original.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program using your user name and password. Then, click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Advanced
- This project is recommended for experienced volunteers who are comfortable with the indexing process, system features, and reading a variety of old handwriting styles.
Characteristics and Description
- The project includes three record types: births, marriages, and deaths.
- The records were handwritten or typewritten on preprinted forms.
- The records often have water damage, torn edges, or may otherwise be difficult to read.
- Each batch typically contains three images, with around five records per image.
- No highlights are available for this project.
- The general public can freely access the completed index online when the collection is published.