Project Home Page
What Do the Records Look Like?
1. Cemetery Records
- The majority of the Chicago Archdiocese cemetery records are single, typed forms that were filled in by hand.
- Also included are several different types of registers that have multiple records.
- Most images have only one record, but many, especially the registers, have more records.
- Batches for the singe record cards contain 20 images.
- Batches for the registers contain only one or two images.
- Click on the links below to see samples of the records found in this project.
2. Interment Register
3. Funeral Order Register
4. Lot Owner Register
5. Burial Log
Read project-specific indexing instructions.
View general indexing instructions.
See brief field-by-field helps.
How to Get Help:
- These training materials describe the most common situations you will encounter as you index the Chicago Archdiocese Cemetery Records project. However, new issues may surface, and you may have questions that are not answered here. Current updates are available on the Project Revisions Page. If your questions are not answered there, contact your stake extraction director. Your stake extraction director can then contact Church headquarters.
Handwriting Helps: These records are handwritten. It may be helpful to view this link for help in deciphering challenging words.