Project Home Page
There are several types of records in this project including:
- Registration of a live Birth.
- Statement of Birth.
- Birth Register.
- Six Entry Register.
- Delayed Statement of Birth.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics of This Project
- One to ten images per batch
- One to 50 records per batch
- No highlights
Description of the Records
- The Ontario Birth1869-1912 are a combination of registration of a live birth, statement of birth, birth registers, and delayed statements of birth.
- There are several styles of records from 1 entry per image to 50 entries per image.
- There are no restrictions associated with this collection. The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
Register as a FamilySearch Indexing Volunteer
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and, download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password, Then, click the Download Batch... button, and select this project name from the list. You may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window to see the project name on the list.