Project Home Page
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer to help with this project. To register, download, and install the indexing program, click here for the Home Page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing Home Page, and sign in to the indexing program using your user name and password. Then, click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features. It is also helpful if volunteers understand the various documents that relate to marriages.
Characteristics and Description
- All records are marriage records.
- The records were usually handwritten on preprinted forms.
- Each batch contains up to 10 images.
- Some images show a single marriage record, while others show registers with multiple records.
- Some register-type records were written on two pages, and the two pages are sometimes on different images. To see instructions and an example of how to index these two-image registers, Click here.
- Overlays, normally small handwritten notes, are attached to many records.To see instructions on how to index the overlays, Click here.
- No highlights are available for this project.
- The general public can freely access the completed index and links to the digital images online once the collection is published..