Project Home Page
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features. It is also helpful if volunteers understand the various documents that relate to marriages.
Characteristics and Description
- All records are marriage records.
- The records were usually handwritten on preprinted forms.
- Each batch contains up to 10 images.
- Some images show a single marriage record, and some show registers, with multiple records.
- Some register-type records were written on two pages, and the two pages are sometimes on different images. Click here to see instructions and an example of how to index these two-image registers.
- Overlays, normally small handwritten notes, are attached to many records. Click here to see instructions for how to index the overlays.
- No highlights are available for this project.
- The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.