Project Home Page
About This Project
- This project includes two record types:
- Birth Registrations (to be indexed)
- Supporting Documentation (not to be indexed)
- Birth Registration records will have one of the following titles:
- Application for Registration of Birth
- Delayed Registration of Birth
- Supporting Documentation may include:
- Birth and Baptism Certificates
- Census Records
- Declarations of Birth
- Family Registers
- Handwritten statements or letters
- There may be other record types not listed here
- Only index the Birth Registration records.
- Mark all supporting documentation as No Extractable Data Image in the Image Type field.
- The records are digital copies of the originals.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer to help with this project. To register, download, and install the indexing program, click here for the Home Page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing Home Page, and sign in to the indexing program using your username and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Sample Images to be Indexed
Sample Images NOT to be Indexed
Characteristics and Description
- All records are delayed birth registration records.
- The records were usually handwritten on preprinted forms.
- Each batch contains 10 images.
- Each image contains one or two birth registration records.
- Overlays, normally small handwritten notes, are attached to many records.To see instructions on how to index the overlays, click here.
- No highlights are available for this project.
- The general public can freely access the completed index and links to the digital images online once the collection is published.